So, basically, if you have a cold.. you won’t anymore, after eating this! *Disclaimer* This is not a traditional chilli for you traditionalists out there! I have modified it to how I enjoy a vegan friendly chilli.
- 1 white onion
- 1 chilli, seeds removed and diced ( obviously the amount is down to how spicy you enjoy your food)
- 1 cup of basil- for the sauce
- 2 cups of tomatoes – for the sauce
- A couple of tomatoes, cut in half to add to the chilli
- 3 cups of Quorn – vegan mince
- 1 cup of kidney beans
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes – for the sauce
- Salt / pepper to season accordingly (i don’t cook with salt personally)
- Tinned sweetcorn -or a free corn to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil for the pan
Method for the sauce
- Place tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes into the blender- only blend until thick, not too runny
- Add 1/2 of the chilli and basil, and blend again
- I like to keep a couple of my sun dried tomatoes to one side and add them to the sauce as a whole, as I like my Chilli to be chunky ( including the sauce)
Method for the Chilli
- Add coconut oil, and place the Quorn into the pan
- Then add the diced onion, kidney beans, and tomatoes
- Allow the onions to turn from white to transparent, and then add the sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients together regularly, allow it to simmer
- This won’t take long, as your sauce shouldn’t be runny.
- Place in a bowl and garnish with the sweet corn
- = Voila!
I like to add corn on top, as I enjoy my chilli SPICY/HOT – so it gives a nice sweet/ hot combination!
I hope you have enjoyed todays recipe, and don’t be shy to follow me on both WordPress, and on Instagram – foodfit_em
Many thanks again guys, AND Bon Appetite!