So… This dish actually is a ‘family dish’ from mother Sandra Bruiners ( formally known as Sandra Kiss). My mother would give us ‘noodle soup’, as children. It wasn’t until I was a student, that I really appreciated the easiness/ cheapness of this dish (plus how super tasty and comforting it is!). Traditionally, pasta, or egg noodles are used in this recipe. However, I like to use rice noodles, to make it a lighter dish.
You will be happy to know I wasn’t exaggerating, when I said this was easy and cheap:
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- A bowl of boiling water – I know the measurements seems stranger, but you will need to adjust it to the size of the bowl, I was using a medium bowl in his. If you use a large bowl, please add a full stock cube
- Two Quorn vegetarian sausages
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1/2 cup of Rice noodles
I do normally add other vegetables to this dish, however, we needed to use up the green beans! So broccoli, carrots and other vegetables really go well with this! Its super adaptable too. You can add meat, fish or anything you wish! ( haha that rhymed)
- Cook your Quorn sausages ( or whatever you decide to use ) and your vegetables in a pan until golden – place to one side
- Place rice noodles into bowl and place the stock cube in the middle of the bowl
- Pour over the water and mix in
- Add the Quorn sausages and vegetables to the bowl and stir all together
I told you that I wasn’t joking that its super easy and cheap to make!
I hope you enjoy!